Effective as of June 6, 2018.
SUMMARY OF OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
- Purposes of Processing Your Information: We process information about you in order to provide our Sites and Services; to communicate with you; to comply with law and prevent fraud; and for other reasons with your consent. We may also anonymize your data – which means the data can no longer be used to identify you – in order to perform analytics to learn how to better provide our Sites and Services.
- Your Rights and Choices: Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have legal rights associated with our processing of your data, including rights to access, correct, delete, transfer, or object to the processing of your data. Regardless of where you live, we will honor your request to opt out of being contacted by us for marketing reasons.
- How to Contact Us: Zealie is the controller of your information when it is processed in the context of our Sites and Services. Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by emailing [email protected]. However, please note that Zealie’s customers are the controllers of your data when it is processed in Zealie’s platform, applications, and related services. For example, if you are a patient in a facility, or a biller who logs into our applications, your data controller is the Sponsor of that trial and/or the participating healthcare provider.
ZEALIE’S PLATFORM, APPLICATIONS, AND CUSTOMER DATA
As part of Zealie’s platform, applications and related services, our customer’s employees and authorized users may enter information from or about their authorized users, employees, and patients (collectively, “Customer Data”), into our servers.
Zealie has no control or ownership of Customer Data. Please direct any questions regarding Customer Data to the customer for which you work or which collected your information using a Zealie platform or application.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
Personal information that you may provide through the Services or otherwise communicate with us includes:
- Personal and Business Contact information, such as your first name, last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title, and employer name;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with the Sites, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Transaction information, such details about any billed claims you make through the Sites, event registrations you make through the Sites, and billing details;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Sites and interact with us;
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
We may combine other publicly available information, such as information related to the organization for which you work, with the personal information that you provide to us through our Sites or Services.
Information automatically collected
We may collect an IP address from visitors to our Sites. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server(s), to administer the Sites, and to monitor activities on and interactions with our Sites.
We may also automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Sites. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Sites. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Technologies section for more details.
Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at [email protected].
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide our Services
If you have a Zealie account or use our Sites, we use your personal information to:
- Operate, maintain, administer and improve the Sites;
- Manage and communicate with you regarding your Zealie account, if you have one, including by sending you service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Sites; and
- Provide support and maintenance for the Sites and our Services;
- Respond to your service-related requests, questions and feedback.
To communicate with you
If you request information from us, register on the Sites, or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you Zealie-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt out of such communications.
To comply with law
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
With your consent
We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you consent to let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Sites, you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information, or you opt into marketing communications.
To create anonymous data for analytics
We may create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you, so that it is no longer reasonably possible to ever use the data to identify you. We use this anonymized data for lawful business purposes, such as improving our Sites and Services.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us;
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. Zealie may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity;
Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information
All Zealie account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account. Zealie account holders may also contact us at [email protected] to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by logging in and changing your account settings, by clicking on a link at the bottom of each such email, or by contacting us at [email protected]. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
If you gave us consent to post a testimonial on our Sites, but wish to update or delete it, please contact [email protected].
CHOOSING NOT TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services and may need to close your account. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in our Sites and Services or through other appropriate means.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
COOKIES WE USE
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services. These are primarily used by our employees and contractors.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences or re-enter information every time you visit our Site.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day and duration they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site. We primarily use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
- Targeted and Advertising Cookies. These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising on a third party site which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. You can disable certain cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting this site. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see advertisements but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioural advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
We may also use tracking tags (which are also known as web beacons) on our Site to track the actions of users while on our Site. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, tracking tags are embedded on webpages. Tags compile statistics about usage of the Site, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using tracking tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not currently respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
The security of your personal information important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Zealie is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Sites may contain links to other websites and services. These links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites you visit and services you use.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
We may make available on our Sites, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., on message boards, in chat areas, in file uploads, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information. By posting personal information online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
3188 Airway Ave
Costa Mesa, California 92627 USA
Attention: Data Protection Officer